The treatment of irregularities in the teeth and jaws using braces to align and correct the teeth.
NOUN or·tho·don·tics ôrTHəˈdäntiks]
We treat young patients as if they were our own children and encourage parents to be chair-side for their child’s appointments to keep them up-to-date and involved in their treatment. We pride ourselves in taking the time to explain the diagnosis, and inform you about each procedure as we progress with the treatment.
Trust and Care
Our goal is to make comprehensive, total oral health care available to all residents of our community, regardless of financial circumstances. That’s why we accept most major insurance plans and offer flexible financing options. Interest Free financing is also available through the practice. Our caring, personable, and competent staff works hard to make our patients feel at ease during treatment adding fun to each visit. Our patients trust us with general orthodontic care.
Orthodontists primarily treat patients who need help correcting certain maxillofacial problems, such as misaligned teeth, malocclusion, or too much space between the teeth. Treating these conditions requires the assistance of orthodontic appliances, of which there are many. Ashburn & Manassas orthodontic appliances come in many variations – some being fixed and some being removable. They serve various purposes, from active treatment to maintenance. Some of the most commonly used orthodontic appliances include:
- Braces/Aligners – either fixed or removable; used to gently reposition the teeth into better alignment
- Retainers – used to prevent teeth from shifting to a prior position
- Splints – used to reposition the jaw, especially in TMJ patients
- Space maintainers – either fixed or removable; used to hold the space where a primary tooth once was until a permanent one can erupt
- Bumpers – used to maintain space and relieve pressure between the teeth and the lips or cheeks.